This is a multi-currency account targeted at Nigerians in the Diaspora. A secure, reliable, and convenient way for customers to manage investments and consummate financial transactions in Nigeria from anywhere in the world.
- Minimum opening and operating balance of $200, £200, €200 or N50,000
- 24/7 Access to internet banking service
- Multi- currency account
- Free Currency Conversion services. (Now automated)
- Debit Card & Cheque book available
- Dedicated Service Desk
- Account below N50,000 daily balance will attract CAM Fee of N1/per mille on all debit transaction for the month
- Lodgment of Cheques and Dividend Warrant
- Access to international transfers and account funding from customer’s country of residence.
- One Recent Passport Photograph
- Notarized Nigerian International Passport or Foreign International Passport with place of birth as Nigeria
- Notarized Foreign utility Bill or Bank Statement that bears applicants name and foreign address within the last three months.
- Notarized Signature Card.
- All the document should be duly authenticated by a Polaris Bank staff or notarized by a notary public in the customer's country of residence.
- Wire Transfer through the customers local Bank abroad: details of our correspondence banks are sent to the customer by the Polaris Global desk once the account is opened.
- Through Money Transfer Operators in the customers’ country of residence.
- Cash lodgements in Nigeria by third parties (both Naira and Foreign currency)
- NIBSS and transfers from other banks.
- Cheques/Dividends lodgements in Nigeria- This is subject to the provision of two satisfactory references on the account
- Account can be opened online via https://accounts.polarisbanklimited.com/polarisglobal OR account opening form (can be downloaded from our website at polarisbanklimited.com )
- Recent passport photograph
- Bank Verification Number (BVN) of Applicant
- Form of identification as applicable (Nigerian International Passport or Foreign international passport with place of birth as Nigeria)
- Form of address verification (Foreign utility bill or bank statement)
- All documents should be duly notarized by a notary public in the customer’s country of residence or authenticated by an officer of Polaris bank.
- Support and services available from the Polaris Global desk via calls to 01-4536278 and 01-4536279 or email to global@Polarisbankng.com
*where Nigerian passport is submitted alone, customer must provide either work or residents permit
*If foreign passport is presented customer must present a Nigerian passport (Valid or expired)