The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to spread across the globe on a geometric scale; Tcontainment has become a global challenge as it continues to defy the relentless combined efforts of medical
andscientific experts. To date, about 350,000 cases have been recorded across 192 countries and the
numbers continue to grow. Nigeria has recorded 36 cases so far and, given the trends in other jurisdictions, it is safe to
assume that cases are under-detected/reported, calling for more vigilance.
Bearing in mind the need to reduce personal contact, cash handling and non-essential travel during these perilous
times, we have put the following measures in place in the overall interests of our valued staff and our esteemed
We are being guided by the health and safety standards of the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as those
stipulated by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC), Federal Ministry of Health and State Governments to
keep our business premises safe for our staff and customers. Consequently:
- All staff and visitors are compulsorily required to undergo temperature screening and also use hand sanitizers
provided before entering any of our business locations. Surfaces and areas with high human traffic are regularly
- With effect from Monday 23rd March, all non-essential visitors to our business premises are advised to contact us
through digital, virtual and online channels including social media, telephone, e-mails, online meetings, call
centers, etc to promote social distancing.
- Entrance into all our branches will be regulated, limiting the number of persons allowed in at any time to reduce
human contact to the barest minimum.
- We have restructured our work-spaces in line with acceptable social distancing policies as laid down by the WHO.
- We have prohibited international travels for the time being, and requested staff who have recently returned from
abroad to compulsorily self-isolate for 14 days.
Given the level of disruptions Covid-19 has brought to business operations and social life in other jurisdictions, as a
customer centric organisation, we have activated our Business Continuity Plan to keep our banking services
available to you through these challenging times. Consequently, we have:
- Strengthened our digital banking platforms to cater for the expected significant increase in levels of transactions
and to continue to offer you the unique Polaris experience.
- Upgraded our I.T infrastructure to keep our digital offerings even more efficient at this time.
- Made all necessary arrangements to keep our services running and put recovery centres in place to enable us
respond to potential business disruptions in the shortest possible time-frames.
- Our Polaris Salary Advance remains available via *833*12# to support you through this time.
- We enjoin you to use our numerous digital channels i.e. Polaris Mobile, USSD (*833#), ATM, Polaris Experience
(Internet Banking services), POS terminals, for your banking transactions; bills payments, fund transfers, airtime
and data top-up etc.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Relationship Manager should you need any support at this time.
We remain committed to supporting our customers and contributing to the global efforts against COVID-19.
Yours in Service,
Polaris Bank Limited
Your Safety Matters To Us